Family / Friends RYA Training. Course for upto 5 Family members / Friends
All Inclusive Private Sailing Training?.
Book A Private Sailing Yacht For Your Family, Friends Or Work Colleagues.
- Yacht Embarkation: 16:00 hrs Saturday
- Yacht Disembarkation: 8am Saturday Morning
Choose from any of our RYA courses for up to 5 family/friends whilst onboard for a super week of RYA sail Training.
Ideal for total first time sailors or even a mix of experience levels.
Our courses are delivered on 42 – 50ft sailing yachts that are all modern and well equipped. Free Wifi, bedding, towels onboard all yachts also
(NOTE: Minimum age’s apply for some RYA courses).
RYA Sailing Courses by Yacht Sail Training
- Start Yachting (Can be taken along with other courses for younger guests)
- RYA Skills Course (16 Hours)
- Competent Crew – Practical
- Day Skipper – Practical
- Coastal Skipper – Practical
- For any courses undertaken: students MUST meet the pre-requisites for there required course.
- By booking a course it does NOT mean passing a course!. Although either way you will enjoy exploring Croatia).
Prices include all course materials for your chosen course whilst onboard, Upto 3 nights in ports around Croatia that will also include some of the following Islands: Brac, Vis, Hvar, Solta, Pakleni Islands, Scedro, Korcula.
There are NO hidden fees in Yacht Sail Training Prices.
What You Don’t Need To Worry About:
- Lunch and breakfast provisions
- Final cleaning
- Bedding onboard (Including main towel, face towel, bed sheets, pillows & cases)
- Course materials for selected courses whilst onboard
- RYA instructor
- Dinghy hire
- Outboard hire
- Drinking water onboard
- Mooring fees (Up to 3 nights in ports – Excluding Home port).
- Tourist Tax
- Charter Deposits
Only Expect To Pay “Extra” For:
- Evening meals (Unless on a night passage or the shore is unaccessible, then provisions for evening meals are provided),
- Extra tours or boat taxis if taken to Hvar Town etc.
- Alcohol or extra nibbles onboard
- Flights and transport to and from Marina Kastela, Croatia, Croatia.
- Any “Optional Extra’s” you choose at the time of booking. (i.e. Sups, Seadoo etc..)
Royal Yachting Association Pre-Requisites for RYA courses:
Who is a Private Yacht Training Week for?
Depending on your previous level of experience expect to learn to skipper on a short passage with the instructor on hand to give advice and encouragement and ensure your safety.
Experience being in charge, taking credit when it all goes well and being responsible when it doesn’t.
Before this course, if you are not sure that your sailing is up to speed, a good way to learn is on an RYA Level 2 dinghy course however for RYA Competent Crew certificates for families or individuals no prior training is required just turn up, enjoy and learn.
Our Professional RYA Instructors will teach you to sail around a course and control the boat’s speed, depending on the course you take: Start Yachting, Competent Crew, Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper courses can all be taken onboard your private weeks charter.
If it’s help with navigation that you need, you should take our Day Skipper Online or Shorebased Course’s (see Navigation and seamanship theory).
Depending on the courses you choose this can be one of the best introductions to sailing, could be the pre-entry level and the minimum requirement for chartering yachts in many locations around the world if you are at a level to take your RYA Day Skipper and meet the pre course requirements, couple it with your VHF license and off you go.
Yacht Sail Training always recommends furthering your experience with a professional skipper and one of the best ways is to work through the RYA Syllabus.
Requirements & Outcomes
|Pre-course experience||Course Dependent (See above links)|
|Assumed knowledge||Course Dependent. (See above links)|
|Minimum duration||Course Dependent (Minimum course duration 5 Days) allowing for personal time also.|
|Minimum age||5 Years Old (16 Years Old for RYA Day Skipper / 17 Years Old RYA Yachtmaster™ / 18 Years Old RYA Commercial Endorsements|
|Course content||Depending on course chosen expect help knowledge of preparation for sea, deck work, navigation, pilotage, meteorology, rules of the road, maintenance and repair work, engines, victualling, emergency situations, yacht handling under power, yacht handling under sail, passage making, night cruising (content varies per course booked)|