Course: Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW A-VI/1-4)
The STCW Personal Survival Techniques (sea survival course) module provides knowledge of essential prevention and survival techniques. It includes both theoretical and practical sessions, investigating causes of distress, knowledge, and use of equipment, launch, and recovery of life rafts, preparation for survival, personal survival skills and use of search and rescue organisations
Certificate validity: 5 years
Certification: Personal Survival Techniques STCW A-VI/1)
Duration: 1 Day
- Types of emergency situations such as collision, fire, sinking
- Types of life-saving appliances normally carried on ships
- Equipment in survival craft
- Location of personal life-saving appliances
- Principles concerning survival
Practical instruction will include
- Donning a life jacket
- Donning and use an immersion suit
- Safely jumping from a height into the water
- Righting an inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket
- Swimming while wearing a life jacket
- Keeping Afloat
- Boarding a liferaft from ship and water while wearing a life jacket
- Taking initial actions onboarding a liferaft to enhance the chance of survival
- Streaming a drogue or sea anchor
- Operating location devices, including radio equipment
This course contains some exercises that are physically demanding. Any candidate unsure of their fitness for such activities should consult their doctor.
Please also see other courses listed below that can be taken separately (minimum numbers may apply)
The course is given in English, However, we can arrange for the course to be given in alternative languages, please contact us directly to discuss this (minimum numbers are required in alternative languages).
Accommodation is not included in the price but we are able to provide accommodation if required – please contact us if accommodation is required, Alternatively Split has some of the best accommodation in the world. Why not try a cozy apartment overlooking the Riva in the center of Split, training rooms are a short taxi, 30-minute walk or bus ride away.
If you wish to book this course on its own please contact us at [email protected]
BOOK One2One / Private Group course:-
Minimum paid students per course are 5 students – Booking 5 Students gives a 15% discount per person on course costs (maximum 10 per course) 1 person One2One price = Cost of 5 students.