2021 Training Starts April / May
Basic Boarding Itinerary Information:
Our “5 day RYA Instructor Hire” commence at 9:00am on first day until 17:00 on the last day.
Where Do We Meet The Instructor?
We request that you are moored with access to your yacht by foot as some safety gear may be required to be brought onboard if courses are being taken. (This will be discussed once booked via email).
We ask that you turn up to meet the instructor earlier around 8/8:30am to make sure you can find each other in the marina. Any marina fees and yacht expenses are the responsibility of the the boat owner / booker and not the instructor.
Crew Lists / Tourist Tax Requirements:
Please make sure the instructor is added to any crew list before boarding and this can be shown to the instructor on boarding and any tourist tax is paid by the boat owner in advance – This is the responsibility of the boat owner and not the instructor. However the instructor will not board the yacht until it has been paid or agreement has been made.
Instructor details / information will be forwarded 7 days prior to boarding.
Cancellations / Refunds:
- Cancellations from the boat owner within 90 days of booking for any reason will receive 0% refund for Yacht Sail Training Booking.
- In the unfortunate event Yacht Sail Training has to cancel the instructor hire. We will offer a full refund OR an alternative date. it is then up to the boat owner to decide if this is acceptable.
- We aim to start all RYA Instructor Hire at the allotted time given. However as the instructor may be required to fly in if there is a delay in transit to the marina Yacht Sail Training will be allowed 48 hours grace period before a full refund or cancellation is given to the boat owner / booker.
- No refunds are given for unused nights ashore on non residential bookings as hotels may have already been booked.
What Islands Do You Normally Train Around?
First night may be spent in the home port marina after a day sail however if the day is progressing well we will aim to get out of the marina to one of the gorgeous islands on the Adriatic Coast.
The training ground we usually use include: Brac, Hvar, Solta, Pakleni Islands, Scedro, Vis and Korcula. (Please note in a 5 day course you will not get to visit them all).
Food For The Instructor:
Breakfast, Lunch and Evening meals MUST be provided onboard or in a restaurant ashore for the instructor UNLESS: the non residential nights have been booked. (Any dietary requirements will be emailed well in advance of the instructor joining. But none of our instructors will expect “Ala Carte” food every night most will normally assist with food preparation)
Evenings: We will either be in a new port, marina or harbour, spending the night on anchor or we will return to our home port this can be discussed with the instructor on day 1.
- If there are no facilities to eat ashore provisions to make food onboard must be supplied.
(This is all depending on the weather and the particular course structure required for your chosen syllabus).
Boarding / Disembarkation:
Disembarkation: The yacht must return to home port at 16:00 on the last day of the instructor hire and the instructor should be able to leave the yacht at 17:00 hours on the last day.
Please make sure all fuel refills etc are completed before these times.
Often we find the instructor will enjoy an end of course beverage with yourselves, if they have time and if you wish to join them.
Travel to and from Split:
We recommend using the following websites:
Best arrival airports are: Split / Dubrovnik (if travelling to Dubrovnik there is a connecting ferry or bus to Split which takes approximately 4.5 hours. Split Airport and Split Ferry port is located approximately 15 minutes drive away with regular bus services and taxi’s also available. We recommend using Uber taxis.