RYA EQUALITY POLICY
- To make boating an activity that is genuinely open to anyone who wishes to take part.
- To provide the framework for everyone to enjoy the sport, in whatever capacity and to
Whatever level the individual desires.
- To ensure that the RYA’s services, including training schemes, are accessible to all, including those who have been under-represented in the past.
The Royal Yachting Association is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity and aims to ensure that all present and potential participants, members, instructors, coaches, competitors, officials, volunteers and employees are treated fairly and on an equal basis, irrespective of sex, age, disability, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, gender reassignment or social status.
- The RYA encourages its affiliated clubs and organisations and its recognised training centres to adopt a similar policy, so that they are seen as friendly, welcoming and open to all.
- Appointments to voluntary or paid positions with the RYA will be made on the basis of an individual’s knowledge, skills and experience and the competences required for the role.
- The RYA will relax regulations in relation to RYA training schemes which may inhibit the performance of candidates with special needs, provided that the standard, quality and integrity of schemes and assessments are not compromised.
- The RYA reserves the right to discipline any of its members or employees who practise any form of discrimination in breach of this policy.
- The effectiveness of this policy will be monitored and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
Approved by RYA Board 28 June 2012