Own Boat Tuition Check List
All items are required to be onboard during training.
- Lifejackets (Automatic) with Safety Harness and Safety Straps
- Anchor, chain and warp
- Mooring warps
- Flare pack (In Date)
- First Aid Kit and Thermal Protective Aid (TPA’s)
- Foghorn & Whistle
- Sponge or bailer
- Navigation Lights (Tested & Working)
- Anemometer (Working)
- Fixed or handheld compass
- GPS Chart plotter
- VHF or DSC set (fixed or handheld)
- Handheld VHF or Mobile Phone in Aqua Pack
- Tender and oars or engine (with fuel)
- Spare fuel and funnel
- Spare gas bottle
- Spare water
- Spare anchor (kedge)
- Nav tools (Plotters & Dividers), pencils, paper etc
- Ships papers and manuals
- In Date Charts, Almanac etc.
- Winch handles (sailing only)
- Boat hook
- Deck brush and buckets
- Life raft
- Fire Blanket
- Fire Extinguishers(s) – 1 for each cabin.
- Kill Chord (and spare)
- Basic engine tool kit
- Engine spares (belts, impellor, oil, filters)
- Kitchen Equipment (Cups, Plates, Cutlery, pots & pans)
- Horseshoe buoy(s) with light Dan buoy
- Man-overboard recovery equipment.
- First Aid kit
- Depth and speed
- Insurance for the vessel – Legal Requirement in Croatia
Note: Some items are not standard on charter yachts within Croatia. But most charter agencies can add them at a small extra cost.
Foul Weather Gear + Footwear
Book An Experienced Instructor Onboard Your Own Yacht
Many Skippers and Crew feel that they would benefit from some own boat tuition to perfect their boat handling and Sailing Skills if they have their own boat.
Yacht Sail Training offer Own Boat Tuition for as little as one day to 14 days or even only a 5 day RYA practical course.
Let us know your requirements and we can tailor the training to meet your needs.
We work with various RYA instructors who are all experienced in teaching all levels including RYA courses.
RYA Competent Crew, Day Skipper or Coastal Skipper Course
Have your own crew and your own boat? Why not let us organise you all to take a RYA course together on your own boat.
We will provide an experienced RYA instructor to take you through the syllabus and ensure that by the end of the course you are competent to crew or skipper your own boat.
Informal Training Sessions
Informal own boat tuition training sessions are useful for finding out more about your boat, how she handles and explaining some of the mysteries of boat handling, sail trim and navigation.
Skippered Sailing Holidays
If you fancy taking your boat further afield but would like to brush up on your skippering with a professional instructor who will keep you safe and help you develop new skills at the same time.
The list above is very generic so your particular boat may require other items. Further information is available from the RYA Boat Safety Handbook which lists the RYA recommended equipment for sail and motor.